Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Ranphy Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Smart LED Light bulb with Free APP Controlled

Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Smart LED Light bulb with Free APP Controlled
Ranphy Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Smart LED Light bulb with Free APP Controlled


This is a really interesting innovative device. I had not really heard of anything like this before but the concept is so simple it’s genus!  A smartbulb?!  What will they think of next! The future is NOW people!
Okay then, on with the review! The music speaker and color changing LED light uses an electric lamp as a power source making it very versatile. Fits any standard lamp socket. It was very easy to install and for my family it has a lot of fun and  practical uses.

I used this in my baby’s room turning the light a soft blue worked really well as a peaceful nightlight. Not only can you change the color but you can change the degree of brightness.I used an old phone I had and connected it to my existing Wi-Fi to use Google services to play soft lullaby songs.  WORKED like a dream.

I’ll be honest though, the first thing I did was play a little prank on my seven year old daughter. She was not expecting our boring old lamp to turn red, blue, then green! She absolutely loved it. I am thinking about getting a bulb like this for her room, it would double as the main light and a night light she could easily control.

I think it would be nice to have one in my room as well. I wouldn’t have to get out of bed to turn the light off! My husband and I always race to the bed, because the last one has to turn out the lights this way we can be snuggled together and then simply turn the light out with small tap of the phone.  Perfect for those winter nights!
My only issues were with the app/ It’s not available on Google play and I had to get it from an unknown source. The App was free however.  The app itself looks a bit rough, not really aesthetically pleasing, and seems quite limited compared to similar apps for other smartbulb brands.  It would be nice if you could use any similar app to control the device, but I have no idea how that would work.

LIKES:
Ability to control intensity of light
Sound quality
Versatility
User friendly (For anyone even slightly familiar with smartphone technology)
Just plain innovative. Never thought of anything like this before!


DISLIKES:
App not available on Google Play.
Have to download app from an unknown source.
App seems limited and mediocre

FINAL THOUGHTS
Despite my issues with the app I really loved this smartbulb. Loved the sound, loved how I used it to soothe my baby to sleep! I would definitely recommend this!

In exchange for my unbiased review I was given this product at a discounted price. My review is in no way influenced by the seller and is my own honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment